Launch of the Tata Tiago EV, an affordable electric vehicle, Check the range and price
New Tata Tiago EV 2022 Launch India is on September 28, the cheapest electric vehicle in India with just a range of more than 300 kilometres will go on sale.
Key features of Tata Tiago EV
- The Tata Tiago EV is anticipated to begin at Rs 9 lakh, ex-showroom.
- Projector headlamps plus 14-inch steel wheels are coming for the Tiago EV.
- On the Tata Tiago EV, a 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system will be available.
Tata Tiago EV- Affordable EV of India
Presently, the Tata Tiago EV, India’s cheapest or rather affordable electric vehicle, will be introduced by domestic automaker Tata Motors. The Tata Tiago EV will have the same appearance and characteristics as the Tata Tiago hatchback, but with an electric drivetrain.
The Tata Tiago EV, along with the Tata Tigor EV as well as Tata Nexon EV (Prime+Max), would make Tata the leading manufacturer of electric vehicles in the nation. It will also include the smallest electric vehicle available in the nation.
Though there will be some noticeable visual alterations, the Tata Tiago EV will resemble its ICE counterpart. The teaser first exposes the projector headlights that will be placed on either side of the enclosed front grille on the Tiago EV. The tri-arrow motif will be painted on the grille in a glossy black tone with a Teal Blue tint. The left headlight would also have an “EV” badge on it. The Tiago EV will use 14-inch steel wheels upon the sides to reduce expenses.
Cabin & Features
Additionally, teal accents will be utilized within the cabin in substitution of the trim components with a chrome finish. A tri-arrow pattern for the upholstery in Teal Blue may also be employed to provide the EV appeal inside as well. The inside will continue to feature a dual-tone design similar to the Tigor EV.
A 7-inch touchscreen infotainment system, Android Auto, Apple CarPlay, and other linked car features will be available on the Tiago EV. There will be a variety of passive safety features that are included as standard throughout the range in addition to multi-mode regenerative braking.
The Tiago EV’s drivetrain is most likely going to be the same as the Tigor EV’s. The Tiago EV is most likely to use a 55 kW motor as well as a 26 kWh battery pack. This might have a range of about 300 kilometres on a full charge. The Tiago EV will have a drive mode choice knob mounted on the centre console.
The Tata Tiago EV is expected to have an ex-showroom starting price of roughly Rs 9 lakh. Costs for the highest spec should range from Rs. 12 to Rs. 13 lakh. It’s noteworthy that there won’t be any rival products available when it launches.
Two battery packs are available for the Tata Tiago EV:
- 19.2 kWh battery for 250km range
- 24 kWh battery for 315 km range
- The battery pack capacity determines how much the different variations cost. In addition, a 7.2 kW AC wall-mounted charging choice is available for the 24 kWh battery pack, as opposed to a 3.2 kW AC charger for the 19.2 kWh Tiago.
- The launch price for the Tata Tiago EV within India is Rs. 8.49 lakh (intro pricing)
- There are four charging options available for the Tata Tiago EV: a 15A socket, a 7.2 kW AC charger, a 3.2 kW AC charger, and a DC fast charger which can charge the battery to 80% within only 57 minutes.
- Depending on the needs of the purchasers, the Tata Tiago EV will have two different battery pack choices: a 24 kWh pack with a 315 KM range as well as a 19.2 kWh pack with a 250 KM range (both MIDC cycle).
- Similar to the Tata Tigor EV as well as Tata Nexon EV, the Tata Tiago EV will feature ZIPTRON technology. It features an IP67-rated battery pack as well as a 5.7-second 0-60 kph acceleration.
- The Tata Tiago EV hatchback has begun its live debut.
The Tiago EV might be Tata Motors’ least expensive electric car. The Xpress-T EV electric car for fleets is the least expensive model offered by Tata Motors, costing Rs 9.75 lakh (ex-showroom). But it’s targeted mostly at fleet managers. Therefore, at Rs 12.49 lakh, the Tigor EV remains the most affordable electric vehicle for regular customers. The next Tata Tiago EV may cost approximately Rs 10 lakh (ex-showroom), making it the least expensive electric vehicle on the market, according to reports.